Our client is the leading supplier of surface engineering solutions. They are on the hunt for an experienced Technical Sales Engineer that will be based in Johannesburg, travelling to sell thermal spray coatings, cladding, laser cladding, Plasma Transferred Arc (PTA) cladding as well as extensive product refurbishment services into multiple areas and industries. Appropriate training will be provided, but candidates with relevant engineering, understanding of technical drawings, and technical sales experience will have an advantage. Package is highly competitive with a substantial commission-based part.
- Based in Johannesburg
- Minimum 5 years previous work experience as a technical sales engineer, preferred 10 years technical sales experience.
- National Diploma, BTech or BSc Degree: in Metallurgical Engineering or Physics
- Be willing to travel to all provinces in South Africa as well as Zambia and Southern Africa.
- Must have substantial knowledge and experience in
- Working with manufacturing plants
- Microsoft Office
- Technical Sales
- Sales Engineer reports directly to the MD
- Need to be able to operate largely independently
- Must be able to manage customers from quote to payment cycle
- Develop sales plan and review weekly with MD
- Achieve agreed sales target (Agreed with MD)
- Negotiate tender and contract terms and conditions to meet both client and company needs
- Prepare quotes, within 24 hours of receiving the enquiry, in the company format
- Give timeous and proper feedback to customers on delivery dates etc
- Remain current in terms of all technologies relevant to the industry.
- Ability to understand and work with technical drawings
Experience5 to 10 years
Related Jobs (9)
Product Specialist – Linear and Rotary Motion Parts on April 20, 2021 Full Time
Sales Consultant – Industrial Enterprise Sales – Cape Town on April 20, 2021 Full Time
Product Specialist – Linear and Rotary Motion Parts on March 29, 2021 Full Time