The role of the Marketing and Training Assistant exists to assist with the training, marketing and sale of all products and services offered by the client and its subsidiaries. This includes existing products and services as well as new products and services that the client will bring to market.
Key responsibilities will include (but are not limited to) the following:
- Assist with training and directing of new field personnel and company personnel on products.
- In association with the Marketing and Training Manager, design, revise and roll out new training and product marketing information.
- In conjunction with Marketing and Training Manager, remain abreast of relevant developments in clinical field, including new clinical studies and other relevant publications.
- In conjunction with Marketing and Training and Sales Managers, form an integral part of the design and roll out of new product sales and training strategies.
- Supply product information, catalogues and samples to the relevant stake holders. .
- Attend and exhibit at national conventions/trade shows to gain new customers through the detailing of products. Where local provide all necessary assistance as requested.
- Continuously improve product knowledge not only through product training but also through self-development processes (study, hands on experience, etc.) and the review of current literature for new developments.
- Adhere to all Company policies, rules and regulations.
- Maintain good relations and communication with internal customers i.e., Customer Services, Finance department, Logistics and Management
Key Relationships / Interfaces
Existing and potential customers (Surgeons, Radiologists, Critical Care personnel, Anaesthesiologists, Nephrologists, purchasing agents and other appropriate decision makers/opinion leaders on different levels).
- Managers and Staff
- Company Directors
Essential Skills / Experience
- Knowledge and aptitude for medical devices or Healthcare market is a preference
- Sound understanding of customer service, good attention to detail and ability to complete progress reports according to requirements
- Strong communication (written & verbal) and interpersonal skills.
- Able to demonstrate good presentation and training skills
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office ( Word, Excel, Outlook and Power Point)
- Always possess a valid driver’s license and frequent use of a motor vehicle.
- Minimum 2 years working experience in a similar role
- Demonstrable ability to multi-task and adhere to deadlines
- Well-organized with a customer-oriented approach
- Lift and carry a moderate amount of materials and supplies
- Excellent attention to detail and time management
- Ability to operate independently
Behaviours / Values
- Approachable and enthusiastic .Flexible and adaptable.
- Travel domestically and, if required, occasionally internationally
- Able to work on own initiative and as a team player.
- Good organisational skills with cultural awareness and sensitivity
- Good judgment and problem-solving ability.
Experience3 to 5 years