Our client is a well established national Private Tertiary Education institution offering quality and attractive courses to professionals and school leavers alike.
The ideal candidate will be experienced, dedicated, committed, professional and hungry for new business and achieving their set sales targets. Relevant sales experience in the same field or similar is key to this role. The incumbent will be accustomed to working with and have a strong network with local schools in the Gauteng region. A strong new business developer with an excellent, proven sales track record along with a keen passion for education and sales is required. This role is for a mature person aged 28 years and above. Salary between R12 – R15k Negotiable. THREE MONTH CONTRACT WITH POSSIBILITY TO BECOME PERMANENT. Only applicants with relevant experience in Private Tertiary Education / Higher Education/ Professional Education sales experience will be considered.
We are looking to recruit an experienced Corporate Sales Consultant who will report to the Group Sales Director and Campus Business Development Manager, and collaborate with the National Business Development Manager.
The role of a sales consultant for the part time programmes and corporate solutions:
- Relationship building and maintaining;
- Researching the market and related products;
- Presenting the product or service in a structured professional way – face to face marketing
- Solution Selling
- Generating new business leads and contacts
- Conversion of new business leads to sales
- B2C sales involves direct selling to the consumer or end user as well as small medium enterprises (when applicable).
Salary: Basic salary of R12K – R15K + commission + incentives
Hours: 45 Hours, Full Time, Normal Hours 08:00am to 16:30pm, 2 Saturdays per month 8:00 to 12:00
Location: Gauteng – Pretoria
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Maintaining and developing relationships with existing customers in person and via telephone calls and emails;
- cold calling to arrange meetings with potential customers to prospect for new enrolments;
- Responding to incoming email and phone enquiries;
- Acting as a contact between a company and its existing and potential customers;
- Negotiating the terms of an agreement and closing sales;
- gathering market and customer information;
- representing the company at trade exhibitions, events and demonstrations;
- Challenging any objections with a view to getting the customer to buy;
- Advising on forthcoming product developments and discussing special promotions;
- Recording sales and order information and reporting to the direct campus manager / sales director and national sales manager, or entering figures into a computer system (CRM);
- Reviewing your own sales performance, aiming to meet or exceed targets;
- Gaining a clear understanding of customers’ needs and requirements;
- Making accurate, rapid cost calculations and providing customers with quotations;
- Attending team meetings and sharing best practice with colleagues.
Academic & trades qualifications
- Bachelor’s degree
- Sales and Marketing qualifications
- 3- 5 years sales and marketing experience in Tertiary Education / Professional Education / or similar field
- Strong understanding of customer and market dynamics and requirements.
- Proven ability to achieve sales quotas.
- Course consultant must also be willing to work on a flexible schedule (when required).
Work experience, skills & additional criteria:
- Experience in academic advising or related careers in post-secondary education is preferred
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite
- Internal and external sales experience
- Inbound and outbound sales experience
- Proven sales track record
- Own vehicle and valid driver’s license
- Strong network/ relationships with educational facilities (schools)
- Excellent presentation skills
- Accomplished New Business Developer and good closing skills
- Exceptional relationship builder
- Basic reading,
- Writing and arithmetic skills,
- Exceptional negotiation and persuasion skills,
- Effective written and verbal communication skills,
- Marketing and sales skills,
- Interpersonal skills,
- Customer service skills,
- Analytical skills,
- Computer skills,
- Consultative skills,
- High energy level,
- Influencing skills,
- Learning ability,
- Record keeping
- Problem solving/Decision making
- Team Skills
- Technical Knowledge/Proficiency
- Tolerance of stress
Details of relationships relevant to this role
This position will be trained by the National Business Development Manager with ongoing support and supervision.
The Training and Marketing Coordinator will provide primary support.
The Career Marketing Director and Corporate Sales Director will provide secondary support.
The Social Media Marketing Administration Team (The Agency) will provide external support.
Offered SalaryR10000 to R15000
Experience2 to 5 years