Our client is looking to strengthen their Capital Sales department by the appointment of a suitable leader to take the department to the next level. Key values of the role are: results driven, service orientated, safety orientated, ethical, ambitious, energetic, motivated, intelligent. The ideal candidate will have an intimate knowledge of mobile machinery technics, their mining application and commercial competence to build an excellent Capital Sales team together with an established network of mining executives in South Africa and the sub-Saharan region.
QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCE:
- Formal Technical Qualification (BSc, B. Tech, Formal qualification in Engineering or Sales Management and/or Marketing) with minimum 5 years’ experience in the mining and capital sales OEM industry.
- MBA/MBL or equivalent qualification that illustrates a thorough understanding of the total political economic, financial and commercial background in the industry and region at large.
- In-depth understanding of technical attributes of the products and mining application.
- Strong Aftermarket service and product support experience
- Thorough understanding of marketing via electronic and social media platforms and high impact presentations that talk to the customer’s requirements and problem solving solutions.
- Experience in sales management, processes, CRM Systems, targets, performance management, sales pipeline, forecasting, budgeting, sales & product training.
- Preferably well-connected in the industry, or similar associated network, and/or the ability to rapidly develop relationships at senior executive level with our customers.
- Must be capable of establishing credible relations with external/internal clients, senior and executive management, project and programme personnel as well as subordinate staff, quickly and confidently as necessary.
- Computer literate and conversant with MS Word, Excel and PowerPoint and the ability to apply new data and communication Technologies to the role and information transfer, social media conversant.
- Clean drivers licence and willing to travel within South Africa and regional countries as necessary
- Long term team player with a thorough understanding of Mining market changes in legislation, safety regulations and customer needs.
- Technical Report writing and communication skills necessary, advertorials, advertising, copy and data sheets.
- An understanding or experience in the underground mining industry, with mining methodologies, understanding of equipment application, and the mining production cycle is an advantage.
- General TMM machine technical knowledge, maintenance procedures, safety controls, mining applications and cost drivers is an advantage.
- Execute sales strategies in the market and ability to judge the critical success factors according to individual customer’s requirements, productivity, safety and cost reduction.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES :
- Lead and manage the Sales business of our client.
- Focussed on providing cost effective safe, equipment solutions for our customers, building a long term mutually beneficial business relationship.
- Manage and direct all marketing activities, trade exhibitions, road shows, advertising and advertorials, brochures, corporate gifts, apparel and brand specific give-aways.
- Recruit, manage, direct and lead an effective, results driven sales team. Delivering on targets, key sales strategies, sales growth and customer development.
- Liaise with and maintain strong relationships with our OEM partners, negotiating machine pricing, deliveries, stock production, payment terms, inventory, and market specific product development requirements, back office support, and marketing initiatives.
- Manage trial machine processes with the service and Aftermarket departments, to ensure a positive outcome, ensure the necessary documentation, reporting and resources are in place, facilitate the sales dynamics and integrational operating issues that differ from site to site.
- Engage with customers, including underground and site visits
- Engage with Mining and Project EPMC houses to maintain strong relationships and offer technical and product solutions for new and existing projects and feasibility developments.
- New equipment model and product sales training initiative for sales staff.
- Manage and develop the existing sales forecasting and project systems, to evaluate market potential and establish KPI’s and targets for the sales people.
- Management reports on sales forecasts, market conditions, lost sales, sales strategies and other forecasting and corporate sales review reports. 18 month rolling forecasts and 3-5 years long terms strategies.
- POC’s, operating cost development and ongoing data acquisition from operating sites, liaison with branches and Mine site personnel to analyse and update comparative operating costs, for inclusion in quotations, tenders and sales arguments.
- The ability to work with and lead other company and outsourced resources to achieve the sales and service goals, implement sales strategies at all levels and allocate tasks in line with the strategies, inclusive an participative management style.
SOFT SKILLS :
- Ability to develop a strong value proposition sales argument.
- Strong interest in technical and engineering solutions and modern technologies.
- Above average intellect with excellent communication skills and high level of confidence to communicate with authority at all levels of customer management.
- Can make reliable risk/reward decisions and take responsibility for the outcome.
- Personal integrity, honesty, morality, reliability, accountable, persistent, confident, strategic thinker and deadline driven.
- Go-getter who doesn’t solely rely on traditional methods to build relationships.
- Results driven, ethical, ambitious, energetic, motivated, intelligent, with solid customer relations capability, with a passion for coaching, mentoring and leading a winning sales team.
- Personal integrity with functional code of ethics and moral fibre.
- Passionate about sales and making a difference in the mining production environment.
- Ability to technically learn the product range and their application in the industry.
- Self-disciplined, systematic and measured approach to problem- solving and customer relations.
- Above average intelligence, self-confident, with the ability to communicate well in the spoken and written languages.
- Planning and organisational skills necessary. Pro-active rather that re-active.
MINIMUM REQUIREMENTS :
- Formal Technical Qualification (BSc, B. Tech, Formal qualification in Engineering or Sales Management and/or Marketing)
- Minimum 5 years’ experience in the mining and capital sales OEM industry.
Total Salary Cost to company.
Market Related – depending on qualifications and experience
Fuel card, Vehicle Expenses.
Computer and business cell phone costs.
Experience5 to 10 years